Swift Matrix Library. Brings a Python/MATLAB like programming interface to smartphones because Apple recently released Swift for iOS 8. Makes it easy to bring complicated signal processing algorithms to smartphones, the reason it was developed!
A simple static site generator very similar to jem-doc. If you want a preview, take a look at the documentation (implemented in jem-press!). This is best suited for static sites without a blog; it was designed with academic sites in mind.
A Python package that allows easy updating a figure, very similar to Matlab’s
drawnow with some additional features. It allows you to drop to to a debugger
or ask for a confirm every iteration.
Like the how I style certain things? Most templates I use are available on GitHub.
Software I use personally
- Amethyst. Automatic tiling window manager for macOS à la xmonad.
- Anaconda. A scientific Python distribution, free as in beer and free as in speech
- Arq. Back up your computer every hour wirelessly.
- Alfred. Like Spotlight but a lot more powerful.
- Authy for two-factor authentication.
- Bartender. Organize your menu bar apps!
- Fantastical. A calendar you can’t live without.
- 1Password. Stay secure and manage all your passwords.
- Keyboard Maestro. Script OS X’s GUI easily.
- Homebrew. The missing OS X package manager.
- MailMate as my email client.
- neovim as my editor
- OmniGraffle. Incredibly useful for making figures to go in papers/posters/presentations!
- OmniFocus as my todo manager
- Spectacle. Move and resize windows with ease (I use Amethyst instead now)
- Skim. Automatically update PDFs when compiling LaTeX!
- Yoink. Drag and drop ease.
- Gollum + [vimwiki] + Editorial as my information management solution